Our beliefs are central to what it means to be a Christian. They are part of how we know God and live faithfully. This course will explore the various topics of theology and how they should shape our lives.
Lesson 1: Knowing God
- Why study theology? God has made us to know him and has clearly revealed himself to us in the world he has made. The Church's response to God's revelation through Creeds and Confessions help guide us in truth.
- Above and beyond General Revelation, God has miraculously communicated to us his plan of salvation. Scripture is God's authoritative word and is sufficient. Scripture alone has the right to bind our conscience and convict us of sin.
Lesson 3: The Character of Our Triune God
- What are God's attributes? How can God be both just and loving at the same time. God has also revealed himself as One God in Three Persons. Why is this good news?
Lesson 4: God's Sovereignty and Our Free Will
- God's sovereignty does not remove our free will, nor does it make things like evangelism and prayer meaningless.
- How can a good God allow suffering? Without a biblical understanding of God's providence we will not be able to make sense of suffering or find contentment in life.