What kind of church do we hope to be?
We envision Faith Presbyterian Church being a place where the people of Gainesville encounter the living and active Christ.
Scripture teaches that Christ is our prophet, priest, and king. FPC is a place where the people of Gainesville meet Christ in all three ways.
A place where Christ is encountered through Word (prophet): Romans 10:14ff
- God’s inspired word in scripture is our only rule of faith and life. In all of its parts, the Bible points to Christ and his work of redemption (Luke 24:27)
- Through expositional preaching, we are confronted by Christ’s grace and truth.
A place where Christ is encountered through Sacramental Worship (priest): 1 Cor. 10:16
- Worship is where God meets with and blesses his people
- Christ has given us Sacraments to nourish our faith and as signs and seals of his covenant.
A place where Christ is encountered through Organized Community (king): 1 Peter 5:2
- Christ exercises his Lordship over his people through our leadership, the ordained elders.
- Christ expresses his love and care for us, as we love, support, and encourage each other in His Body, the church.